The LCA continues to fight the Seasonal Lake Lowering Program (SLLP) and in support of our efforts we would like to try to quantify the cost of the SLLP on the members of LCA. We need your help on this and ask that you provide us with the actual or estimated cost to you as a property owner or business owner suffered as a result of lower lake levels during Fall 2018- Spring 2021 due to the SLLP. Some negative impacts that have been experienced by LCA members include the following:
- Damage to bulkheading.
- Damage to docks.
- Erosion damage.
- Damage to boats due to submerged obstacles.
- Loss of business.
- Inability to access the lake (i.e., unable to launch boat).
- Inability to withdraw water from the lake to fight fires.
- Other damages that you have experienced?
- Other damage that you have witnessed, e.g., harm to fish, birds, or other wildlife.
Please identify the type of damage and the cost. Please also indicate whether the cost is actual (i.e., you have receipts or invoices) or if the cost is an estimate. If you have not quantified a cost (e.g., you have not thought about the cost of your inability to launch your boat), simply say so in the form.
Please complete the online form below and it will be sent to LCA. We need this information as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, May 21st.